Inspired by the Fault Line, a cocktail from bartender Shannon Tebay at Death & Co., New York, which Alex Jump describes as “arguably one of the best drinks Death & Co. has ever had on a menu,” Another Country reads like a Boulevardier variation. A rye base marries equal parts J. Rieger Caffé Amaro and Cocchi Vermouth di Torino with a small measure of carrot eau de vie.
- 1 ounce rye, preferably Rittenhouse
- 3/4 ounce J. Rieger Caffé Amaro
- 3/4 ounce vermouth di Torino, preferably Cocchi
- 1 teaspoon carrot eau de vie, preferably Reisetbauer
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled Nick & Nora glass.